Sidekick Position (part-time or full-time)
At Ben’s Hope our most important resource is our people. As a SIDEKICK you’re in charge of investing in our friends who live here at Benjamin’s Hope, and enriching their lives. Through meaningful care, you create relationships that are built on trust and respect, and promote the confidence and dignity of our friends.
You will have the opportunity to help our friends with many of their daily activities. Together you will plan and prepare meals, go shopping, maybe pick some tomatoes or cucumbers for a salad! You’ll probably need to be helpful in personal matters, like bathing and such, or helping friends get dressed for the day. You will support friends as they take care of laundry and keep their home clean.
An important part of being a SIDEKICK is being a good friend. This may mean you take walks together, visit the horses and chickens, sing songs or help your friends learn to take care of their home. It’s about being together in meaningful ways. This may be the most important work you do in your life. You will be part of making life rich and full for your friends!
This is not an easy position, and there will be days that are very demanding. You will find yourself stretched and challenged, and (we are confident!) deeply blessed.
Qualifications of a SIDEKICK:
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work various shifts plus some weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work alone and with a team.
- Must dress and behave in a professional manner while having fun.
A person who makes a great SIDEKICK is:
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Willing to learn and try new things
- Able to respond and react to crises with confidence
- A person who enjoys all kinds of people and sharing information
- Calm in difficult situations
- Full of fun and does not mind if they get a little dirty
- A believer that all people can be successful
- A quick thinker
- Gentle and calm
Apply online today! Sidekick Application